Spend Saturday evening and Sunday at Tamarind Valley Collective. Explore the vast property. Enjoy guided tours with our naturalists to watch and identify birds, butterflies, insects, and plants.
Pics courtesy - Deepa Mohan (here)
Number of Attendees
Limited to 20 participants.
Naturalists who will be there
Deepa Mohan (Avid birder and nature lover. Well known among Bangalore birders)
Madhav (Farm Manager at TVC. Our in house expert)
Full event (1 night, 1 day): INR 3200/-
Children below 10: Free
For reservations & any clarifications
reach out to : firstname.lastname@example.org or +91-959-005-0001
- Around 3:00 pm - Arrival. Majjige/Tamarind Juice on arrival.
- Till 4.30 pm - Rest if you like. Or explore the property. Our farm manager Madhav can guide. Interact with One or more of the TVC members to learn more about the vision and history.
- 4.30 pm till Dusk - Watch birds/insects. 4:30 PM till dusk. Watch, id, shoot (only camera) birds/butterflies near one of the active locations in the property that we have identified.
- 6 pm to 6:30 pm - Tea/Coffee, Light Snacks.
- 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm - Dinner.
- 8.00 pm to 10.00 pm - “Moth Screen” by Subbu.
- Chat with members and naturalists, exchange notes, enjoy the Moth Screen.
- 10.00 pm - Retire for rest in camps.
- 5.30 am - Wake up. (or earlier if you are upto it)
- 6.00 am to 8.30 am - Bird/Butterfly Watching Session 2 around an identified location.
- 8:45 am to 9:30 am - Breakfast
- 9:30 am to 11 am - Trail walks. Spot birds, butterflies, insects, herps. Naturalists will help you.
- 12 noon - Early Lunch.
(End of event. Feel free to head back or hang out for some more time.)
If you decide to stay for some more time, please inform us we will arrange for tea/juice.
Food and Accommodation (Hospitality Partner: Linger)
- We will arrange accommodation (a combination of bamboo huts, Linger tents + private tents) for up to 20 people.
- Day 1: Coffee/tea/juice, evening snacks, dinner; Day 2: Coffee/tea/juice, breakfast, lunch.
- Vegetarian food prepared by cook Chikkamma. Some of the ingredients come from what we grow at TFC.
Bamboo Huts: 2 (2 x 2 = 4 adults)
Tents: 3 (2 x 3 = 6 Adults)
Camping Deck – 3 tents (4 adults + 4 kids)
Guest House (3 Adults)
Instructions to Participants
- Bring a pair of binoculars and cameras.
- Get a bird book if you have one.
- Wear clothes with colours that blend with the surroundings. Wear socks and shoes.
- Sunglasses, caps etc.
- Bring empty water bottles to fill and carry during the walks?
- Carry your personal medicine(s) if any.
- Please share your observations on iNaturalist, eBird and relevant interest groups after the event.
What to expect?
TVC is a ~ 100-acre permaculture farm run by 52 families experimenting with a living style that reduces consumption and incorporates naturally supported cyclical systems.
Details about how to reach are here. Basic etiquettes while you are at the farm are listed here.
The farm is still in the regeneration phase. The weather is pleasant during Aug - Feb.
March to July are hot months, with day temperatures reaching 38+ degrees.
The area of the farm is large and has multiple terrains. You should be able to drive up to the entrance of the farm. Access to various parts of the farm is on foot, and you be comfortable with that. We have farm staff staying in the farm quarters and will take care of you while you are at the farm.
We have some amiable dogs with them at the farm. For any reason, if you feel uncomfortable, please inform the farm staff.
We have a common food hut/pergola where you can keep your things, have food, etc. It also has charging points for the phone. We usually prepare simple food and are happy to share it with the guests.